Sunday, February 7, 2010

Which type of iPod case is better: silicone or clear acrylic?

I recieved a black 30gig iPod for Christmas and it's starting to get some minor scratches. I want to buy a case for it to prevent it from getting scratched up any farther. I can't decide whether to get a silicone case or a clear acrylic. I want something that will allow access to the ports and buttons/switches, protect the screen, and keep out dust and stuff that will scratch the iPod even more. Which type of case do you suggest? And if you can suggest specific brands/models of cases, please do.Which type of iPod case is better: silicone or clear acrylic?
I just bought an iSkin eVo3 for my 30 GB iPod and I highly recommend it. It's a little pricey at $34.95 but it's made of high-grade silicone with a hard plastic cover and offers excellent protection while still allowing accessibilty. It's definitely worth it! Here's the link to the Apple Store website if you want to check it out for yourself:


http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/We鈥?/a>Which type of iPod case is better: silicone or clear acrylic?
A full acrylic case will just end up suffering the same problems as the acrylic face on your iPod (though it is cheaper to replace the case than the iPod). I suggest getting a clear adhesive screen cover and a pretty much any silicone sleeve. One benefit of silicone over acrylic is that it'll also act as a shock absorber if you happen to drop it.
I think that the silicon one should be better.
  • skin tags
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment