Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do you clean stains from clear silicone baby bottle nipples and sippy cup tops ?

Does anyone know how to clean the stains that get on the clear baby bottle nipples and sippy cup tops from the baby using them after eating the carrots and other staining foods? I have a few of these that are all orange now and I can't get them clean.How do you clean stains from clear silicone baby bottle nipples and sippy cup tops ?
1 part vinegar to 5 parts water and soak them overnight.How do you clean stains from clear silicone baby bottle nipples and sippy cup tops ?
There is a grrrrrreat product out called ';Plastic Booster'; and I think Cascade makes it. If you have a dishwasher, you put it in the little side cup next to the soap dispenser (or just squirt it on the door) and run a normal wash cycle. It gets all the stains out of our daughter's plasticware, even spaghetti sauce stained white plastic!
I soak my sippys in bleach water every so often. Just a little bleach in a sink of water. When my daughter was on bottles we used to mix her VERY orange vitamins in them and it stained her nipples too. I did the bleach thing and also replaced them often. Take care adn I hope this helps. Mandy
Try soaking them in two parts white vinegar / two parts water for about twenty minutes and then wash them like you normally do. You could also try just wiping them down with a clothe soaked in vinegar. Here is a website that is great. Vinegar is wonderful!





http://www.vinegartips.com/cleaning/
i dont think there is a safe way so i would just go stock up and switch them out when it gets bad. but its just a stain, its not dirty so you could also continue to use them
you can't I have tried. Your best bet is to just replace them.
i would just replace them if it bothers you that bad. they are not that expensive

1 comment:

  1. My grandson uses Lansinoh silicone nipples. They came without instructions. Is there an easy way to get them on the bottle?

    ReplyDelete